Monday, October 22, 2007

Spoons and forks

Well, little Nate has reached another milestone! Yeah for the mini-cyclone! He has decided that he must have either a spoon or a fork! Last night daddy-o was amazed at his ability to spear hot dog bits with his fork and put them awkwardly in his mouth. Today I was amazed that he managed to eat most of his oatmeal with a spoon. Most of it actually made it into his mouth. I made the mistake of using the spoon to get some off of his bib....so he wanted to try, but there needed to be oatmeal on his bib. sigh. It could have been much, much worse. I (foolishly) gave him a breakable bowl (what was I thinking?), and then left him unattended (smart). Oh well. He did great, didn't break anything and can feed himself. Next goal: learning to drink from a cup unassisted. I can't wait. Maybe we will savor the moment with the spoons and forks. :)

No comments: