Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sick

Well, the little one has been sick for the last few days. Really sick. Fever of 104 kind of sick. So, we went to the doctor this morning. I was convinced that he had some sort of incurable disease and that he would never be the same because I didn't get him to the doctor sooner. I was on the brink of tears the whole time that we were driving to the doctor. (Isn't it amazing what a hormons can do to make you even more freaked out than you would be normally). Turns out, my little lathargic cyclone has ear infections in both ears. Poor little guy. It has been a rough couple of days.


All he has wanted has been mommy. So, we have laid on the couch and watched all the cartoons and talk shows that mommy could stand. In the picture he is watching Rachel Ray and learning how to prepare a quick easy dinner. I love cuddling with him but I am starting to miss my little bulldozer. I know that the meds will kick in soon and he will be back to tearing the place up!

Last night I heard him getting rather restless. So, instead of waiting for him to start screaming, I went in and woke him up to give him more meds. He was freezing cold and I held him for 15 mintues with a wool blanket over him before he stopped shivering. I felt so bad. Then he started coughing and kind of gagged himself. He threw up on me. I put him in bed and proceeded to go to the bathroom and throw up. So much for being able to handle your own kid's throw up. I am sunk. Luckily, Daddy Cyclone was home and he took the offending shirt and cleaned up the chair where we had been sitting. I am so thankful that he can handle that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, Jen.... I am so sorry that your little guy has been so sick!! I am glad that he is starting to feel better. Poor thing - and poor thing for you too!!