Friday, February 6, 2009

Reasoning

Tonight Nathaniel was practicing his reasoning skills on me.

Nate: Caleb wants chocolate.
Me: Ok. (I gave Caleb a piece of wrapped chocolate)

Nate: Can I have chocolate?
Me: No, you already had some.

Nate: Caleb wants to share.

---------------------------------------------

Caleb is starting to get around. Not by crawling or rolling to his destination...he's doing a "butt scoot". He will lean way forward and scoot forward while sitting up. Creative movement!

3 comments:

ameybc said...

Ha, ha, too funny! I love the two-year-old's concept of sharing. It's ok as long as it gets them something. When another kid has a toy Lila wants and I tell her she has to share, what does she do? She'll go get a new toy and give it to the child while simultaneously taking away the toy she wants. In her mind, she shared! :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is good reasoning! What a bright little guy! :) Glad to hear that Caleb is on the move--one way or another!

Jessica said...

You've been tagged. Check it out on The Van's Down by the River. Let me know if you post.