Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Starving

Apparently, I am starving my oldest child. (The youngest one is very well fed.) Today I was preparing our first meal since Caleb was born. I decided to fry some potatoes and onions since both are about to go bad. As I was cutting up the potato Nathaniel starts begging for some. I decided to give him a slice, thinking that this will end the incessant whining.....um....no. I give him a slice and tell him it is potato. He eats it and comes right back and wants more ta-to. I give him a few more slices and we move onto the onions. This, I think to myself, he won't eat....um...no. Again, I give him a slice of onion and tell him onion, yucky....he looks at it and puts it in his mouth and asks for more on-n, ucky.

Is he that hungry that onions and raw potatoes taste good?? Am I starving my child?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are among those "few" who read your blog and we enjoy it immensely!! And he is just a good eater! Think of it this way--when you don't feel like cooking, you don't have to! Surprised he liked the onion raw!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am also one of the "few", the proud, the Olesen's blog readers! How funny about Nate - raw potato, OK; raw onion, yuck! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow! Raw onion... that's impressive :)

Sandra said...

oh yuck...raw onion makes me stomach hurt. Im sure he had some gas later on:) My boys love raw potatoes. Everytime I make them they come running for raw ones.

ameybc said...

I am constantly surprised at what Lila will eat. One of the very few things she doesn't like is mashed potatoes, which shocked me. Don't all kids like mashed potatoes?? I'll have to try her on raw onion though :-)

janinabean said...

I am impressed that you were able to go around 30 days without preparing a meal! I didn't realize you had a blog until Colette told me, but I will check for updates now that I know.